Saturday, July 13, 2013

Innovation Nation


My bullying paid off when I harassed my friends to brave the vicious weather and attend the World Trade Center perennial mid-year white party. Fortunately, I did as the monsoon’s elemental assault drenched the metro unmercifully that night. 

The rain poured like there’s no tomorrow even before we reached the venue. The wind roared angrily as its cold breeze slapped our faces the moment we stepped out of the cab.

It was me, JR and Allan. 

We shared each other’s glory and we supported each other when we felt the painful abandonment of good karma. Needless to say, our friendship has remained strong over the years and we have powered through adversities, failed relationships and petty fights.

One thing we haven’t shared though was my apparent joy and often longing for the thunderous thumpa-thumpa of circuit parties since I have fallen into its addiction 2 years ago. This was their first time.

Hi, I’m Silvan and I’m a circuit party addict.

At 30 past midnight, we entered the hallowed hall of the one-night music Mecca. We have agreed that we have put up with the cold and damp long enough to be deemed fashionably late. 

Shortly after, we slowly treaded the signature dark tunnel anticipating the visual and auditory cornucopia at the end. We excitedly approached the light as it shine brighter with every step.


Soon after, we were greeted with the thunderous sound of the Big Fish’s 2013 Innovation White party.

The strobes and laser lights were brilliantly stacked up to showcase a proud choreography in sync with the heart pumping beats played by Internationally renowned and resident DJ’s. By the time Ana Criado belted her set, we were already having a euphoric audio blast. 


We danced ‘till we literally dropped.

Drowned in overpriced booze and an awesome time, my friends and I went home having the time of our lives vowing to be back in August.

When Innovation fades to black. 

4 comments:

  1. So you were there. Did Ana Criado belted Suddenly Summer? Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I was... i know she is a good singer unfortunately all can hear from her that night was screaches. hahaha. Can't wait for Black and Cream. I'm already preparing my costume. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh god! Overload sensation yan

    ReplyDelete