Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Rated PG: KFC Crispy Cheese Chicken

KFC Crispy Cheese Chicken
Ala carte: Php 99
Combo: Php 109

A friend asked me to help him get a replacement card for his lost ATM yesterday right after shift.

We got his card replace alright. Unfortunately, at the expense of my Tuesday morning work out.

After we received an extreme slow service despite the lack of customers during that time, we braved the blistering heat and went to Eastwood City for lunch courtesy of my friend. His compensation for me not getting my daily dose of muscle builder.

We decided to go fast. So we choose my ever trusted KFC.

Which by the time I post this, is not so trusted anymore.

They claim that this co-creation is an unexpected combination of the favorite chicken and the favorite chip. It's marinated in cheese topped with real Clover Chip bits, and paired with tasty flavored rice, mashed potato with corn and country gravy.

They were quite right about the word "unexpected". It's unexpectedly not "so good."

Let's start with the chicken. 

The chicken is good. The cheese flavored chip is good. It's just that they are not good together. The cheese made the chicken salty and greasy and it leaves a funky taste in your mouth that would suck the appetite out of you for days.

The country gravy is like a watered down cheesy mushroom soup that basically does nothing to compliment the chicken. Not that there's something to compliment. 

The rice was flavored but it's just pretty much it. Nothing special. I had better tasting rice at a fraction of the price.

So is the corned mashed potatoes. It just screams regular and common.

The good news is the gravy is refillable. So just in case you accidentally choose this meal on the menu, you can use it to wash your mouth off the horrible taste.

Overall, they just gave a whole different meaning to the term "Junk Food."

My Verdict: 2 out of 10 

Don't get me wrong, I love KFC. I just don't love KFC Crispy Cheese Chicken. 

No comments:

Post a Comment