Saturday, July 9, 2011

12 Months

I can still remember exactly how we met. I was on my way to “Malate” late May last year to meet my friends while you were on your way home after meeting yours. 

I told you I went there a lot because my friends frequented the scene.

I lied.

In fact, it was my first time back to Malate after 2 years.

Before you, I met another angel and I got hurt. I got hurt real bad. Like the winged messengers, he has flown me to heaven in heights of happiness I have never felt before. But then, like a dead weight, he dropped me straight back to earth in a heart breaking fashion.

He left me barely breathing… almost dead.

It took me forever to move on. I abandoned my friends who loyally helped me move on and patiently waited for me to fix myself and get me back on my feet. For that, I love them and vowed never to abandon them again. I turned to my books as comfort and my work became my solace.

And so over time, I moved on to what I thought would be my last relationship.

And then I met you.

On our first date, we went out to watch a remake of the 80's Ralph Macchio Trilogy. On our way home, we talked about us. You wanted to make it official. I said it would be best if we know each other first. And I finish the sentence on my mind, “And I need to know If you do love me.”

One month after, we made it official and you gave me more than the assurance I wanted.

I won't forget that time you invited me to your home and introduced me to your father. I can still play that moment in my mind like a romantic film. I can still feel the passion and pride when you said these words...

"Daddy, si ********, boyfriend ko."

Right then, I knew. You were in it for the long haul too.

Over the months that followed, we started building our lives together. We also had our moments. We had our share of fights. We had our own shortcoming. But then We kiss. We make-up.

And here we are, 12 months after… going strong.

I know this is an overdue letter to you and like a very understanding boyfriend that you are, I know you would just say. It's okay.

But I'll post this one anyway. (I already made an effort eh!!! LOL)

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment