Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Another Blast from the Past

In the middle of the light earthquake and heavy down pour last Tuesday morning, another revelation come to pass.

I was on the last hour of my exhausting Monday shift and on my 30th audit of the day, Jane, one of the agents (who I don't know personally that time) visited her friend who's working near my station. I wasn't really listening to them (my ears were bleeding from the audits anyway) but I can tell they were having a good time.

Towards the end of my shift, I heard Jane (not her real name) calling me.

Jane: "Silvan, may papakilala kami sa iyo."

Me: "Sino?"

Jane: "Friend namin. Actually, housemate nila."

She raised a finger and pointed at the agent beside her who was currently busy taking calls.

Jane: "I'm sure you will like him. Sobrang gwapo kaya! Taga Taguig nga lang."

Me: "Anong name?"

Jane: "Marky"

I know a guy named Marky (not his real name) who lives in Taguig. He was my uber cute, 5'7", slim, preppy and neat, MU years back.  I got real excited when she said his name.

Me: "Last name niya ba Orosa (not his real last name)?"

Jane: "Hey! Siya nga!"

And just like that, all the bells where ringing in my ears...

I met him one night when I was walking home from work. He was sitting on the side of Shangrila apparently waiting for breaking dawn so he can ride the morning trips. I ended up talking to him until morning... and I got to know him a lot. We shared a lot of things. We both enjoy watching Movies and DVD's, we both have mutual likeness in reading books and We have a common fondness in listening to music. By the end of our conversation, we knew we clicked. While walking to the jeepney station, we exchanged numbers and decided to meet again.

I remember telling him how special he was to me back then. I'm not sure though if he really knew how genuine my feelings for him was. Anyway, it never blossomed. I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing but one thing is for sure, everything happens for a reason.

The last time we were together was the night before I left Manila for LA. He helped me with my last minute shopping. I remember kissing him in public before taking the Cab home. We didn't end up together but I had good memories and fun times with him. We became really close until we sort of lost communication.

Amidst the freezing cold and biting winds, I went home with warm nostalgia of our good times.

Hope too see you soon Marky.

No comments:

Post a Comment