Thursday, July 21, 2011

Blast from the Past

For the first time in years, I have mustered enough strength to check my ex's Facebook account.

He was long forgotten and forcefully sunk in the depths of my memories and my heart until I met an old friend last week who shared with gusto and "kilig" and "landi" his adventures and misadventures of the past years we didn't see each other one of which was about this new friend whom he, and his current circle of friends,  met in Baguio who looks like a cross of Paolo Ballesteros and Richard Gutierrez. He screamed in shock when he found out that the hottie was my ex. Talk about a blast from the past twice over.

This morning, I went online, logged in to my account and typed his name in the search field.  I slowly keyed in his name unconsciously pegging the first letter of his given, middle and last name on uppercase before realizing that it doesn’t matter anyway. Immediately, his accounts appeared first on the drop down menu. Yes, he has two accounts. I then remember years back that he did requested to re-add me again after the emotional holocaust that we've been through. I just decided to click on the refuse button after his request loomed in my account for weeks. With one deep breath, I clicked on his reduced picture.

Carlo, who continued to share stories about my ex, explained he already dated at least 2 of his current circle of friends and now dating a third... the reason why my friend is so hesitant to approach the Ballesteros/Gutierrez look-alike. 

I looked at his pictures, he looked a little old, a little worn out but nevertheless same... still a twinkie hot angel. My heart raced palpitating as I slowly clicked on the pictures one by one. I felt a mixed sense of longing, regret and heart piercing pain. Good mixed with the bad memories came rising up from the depths of my ocean of memories. I admit I still have feelings for him. Whether affectionately or just caring feelings though, I don't know. I searched over his friends and typed the name of his class mate that he replaced me with. He's not there. He did the same thing when we broke up.

It's good to see old friends and catch up with the times. Knowing Carlo though, it’s safe to assume that his current circle has voracious appetite for sex. I know. I used to be his friend and we were once very close.

So I guess my ex hadn't change a bit.

I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment