Monday, April 28, 2014

A Letter to God

Dear God,

I know we've been doing a lot of serious conversations lately. However, I still can't help but feel ashamed for I would only remember you when I need you. I hope you can find it in your good heart to forgive me.

Today I want to thank you for your kind gift. I really appreciated it.

No. Really loved it.

In fact, I still love it so much even though you took it away from me immediately despite the reality that you already gave it an expiration date.

I found you again because your gift was both overwhelming and frightening. During our talks, I have shared with you my increasing fear of losing your present. I'm horrified as everyday I spent with your gift is a day closer to a preset expiration date you alone know.

I wish you could have made it forever.

I was ready to make it forever... or at least until the last day.

But just like your other presents before this, I guess you have a different plan for me as well as my gift. I just wished I understand why.

I know our recent small chats has been the most in many years and I'm quite aware that it does not give me the right to ask anything from you. But with heavy heart and teary eyes, I'm asking anyway. I hope you can indulge me.

Please extend this special parcel's shelf life. Please take away the gift's pain. Not for me but for those people that love this present as much as I do.

And if you are feeling generous today, please take away my pain too. I would have hold on to your gift till the end.

Your Prodigal Son,
Silvan

No comments:

Post a Comment