Monday, August 15, 2011

Queer as Manila Folk

 I was rushing to work this evening when I stumble on an old friend.

James is actually a friend of my best friend’s boyfriend and we were introduced to each other years before we actually became close friends. And when I brought in my ex to join our small gang, he and my ex became BFF’s.

Since the rain decided to drop in unexpectedly, we found ourselves stuck in "Shangri La" waiting for the heavy downpour to end but shared an opportunity to catch up. I found out that he already broke up with his beau of more than 10 years, Sonny, and now a manager of a shoe boutique.

It’s good to see old friends again. It’s like going back to the place where you grew up or looking on a dusty, old photograph. Good times just keep rising from the depths of our memories leaving the bad times at the back of our mind. I remember spending every night in their (Sonny and his) humble, Al Fresco Resto doing nothing but eat and watch "teleserye’s" while playing Scrabble or Monopoly. We laughed ourselves until the wee hours of the morning. I wish we have met on a moment when I’m not pressed for time or he is not on his way to meet his current boyfriend.

As the evening shower slowly wanes, we went our separate ways. He asked for my number, my Facebook account with an invite that we should meet again soon as well as a favor to ask.

Once, a long long time ago, back when we still had our regular prime time "teleserye" marathon while trying to "avoid getting in jail" and fighting each other over "Boardwalk", I shared a passage to him

It was actually a good passage. It made me believe in God again. I promised that I’ll send him a copy of the passage.

I just sent it to him a few minutes ago and I’m sharing it with you guys now. Hope it will have the same impact to you guys as it did to me.


"I think God appreciates it even more because he created you in his image.

At least that's what I was always taught.

And since God is love and God doesn't make mistakes, then you must be exactly the way he wants you to be.

And that goes for every person, every planet, every mountain, every grain of sand, every song, every tear... and every faggot.

We're all his….and He loves us all."

-Ted, Queer as Folk

No comments:

Post a Comment